ENVIRONMENTALISMLadyfingers Letterpress takes our commitment to preserving our pretty little planet pretty seriously. We understand that being an eco-friendly business means more than just being responsible on-the-job. We're also real human beings who take "being green" to heart whether we're at work or at home.
Here are just a few ways that we care for the environment and the world around us:
• We use tree-free, 100% cotton paper, made right here in the USA and with the help of wind-powered energy. Since cotton is a whole lot easier to replant, it is a much more sustainable paper choice.
• We're also lucky to be a block away from our paper and ink supplier, making it way too easy to support our local businesses. Hi Rob! (I think he can see me waving.)
• Years of working at a non-profit taught us ways to economize in nearly every way, including ways to save paper, ink, electricity and minimize waste. These habits are not only good for our environment, but they also help us save a lot of money - a savings we pass onto our clients.
• We recycle our paper waste! Duh! We also recycle our polymer plates back to our plate supplier, who then magically transforms them into fairies. Or maybe more plates.
• We are lucky to have Farm Fresh RI as our neighbor, so we eat our seasonal CSA veggies for lunch!
• The wooden boxes we use for packing and shipping are reusable and made right here in the United States!
• We also carpool! Ok, this was an easy one since we live together.
Have any other tips on how to help us be a greener business? Let us know! We're always eager to hear how other people are working to build more sustainable habits.